(Cool) Shite on the Tube – Film, TV, Comics, Games, Books, Genre Pop Culture.

Soundtrack Podcast

Remembering the 80′s – Soundtrack Podcast

Remembering the 80′s – Soundtrack Podcast

Welcome to the new podcast by (Cool) Shite covering soundtracks from TV & Film.

Tracks Covered

• Flash’s Theme – Queen – Flash Gordon
  • Blade Runner (End Titles) – Vangelis – Blade Runner
  • Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr – Ghostbusters
  • The Touch – Stan Bush – Transformers The Movie (1986)
  • Bishop’s Countdown – James Horner – Aliens

Listen Now

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Article Information

Comments

7 Responses to “Remembering the 80′s – Soundtrack Podcast”
  1. avatar brob says:

Spectacular!!! Man, this took me back. And i can’t believe that i forgot the Blade Runner Soundtrack when Bruce asked on Twitter. Stupidy Stupidy Stupidy. Loved the shite outa this, please, sirs, may i have some more

• avatar Bruce Moyle says:

Glad you liked it Brob. I have been itching to do something like this for ages and having the new headphone setup made it possible.

More coming soon.

2. avatar Wendy Comeau says:

Ack! I forgot Blade Runner too, but I never had a copy of it.

Odd notes —

Questionable end track — I’m sure it was deliberate, but the choice of “Blue Moon” for the end of American Werewolf in London always drove me nuts. As for setting a tone while leaving the theatre, didn’t they use the Ray Parker Jr. song over the credits for Ghostbusters? *That* is a good choice!

On the soundtrack vs. score front, Batman did have both a release of the Danny Elfman score and then the Prince album.

This was fun! Moremoremoremoremore….please?

3. avatar Dane says:

Awesome show. I get chills every time I hear the touch.

4. Loved it! Some comments:

- I liked you guys talking over the tracks. The immediate response to the tracks and reminiscing made the ‘cast
    - Doing themed shows would be a fun show idea
    - I think that soundtrack songs work better than scores for the “sing-along” factor
    - Although having a show with just scores could work as well

5. avatar Q-Dog says:

we might get to just scores… but soudtracks are easier for the time being. its lovely to get such a lot of positive feedback on this though. it felt kinda hodge podge but it appears to be sucessful.

yay!

6. avatar The Warhead Chicken says:

Loved this cast! Looking forward to more of them, it’s an idea you could riff on for ages – horror movies, action movies, 90s movies, you could focus just on one composer (john williams, john carpenter etc.) for a whole show easily if you’re keeping it to about 5 tracks.
    Hope to hear more soon.