E3 – Ubisoft & EA Wrap-up
More E3 goodness, this time from publishers Ubisoft and EA!
- “UPlay” was announced as an “online destination” for “building [bridges] between all sorts of created types, including those in the film industry,” reports Joystiq, and will support future titles such as Splinter Cell: Conviction. I personally have no idea what any of that means.
- Ubisoft will be working with Steven Spielberg (who also made an appearance at the Microsoft keynote) and Peter Jackson on a Tintin game to be released alongside the Paramount Pictures film of the same name.
- Ubisoft is also working with James Cameron on an Avatar game (the film, not the animated series!). The game will centre around the film’s main character, Jake Sully, as he explores an area called Pandora in an avatar body (hence the title). Expect to see the game released alongside the film in December 2009.
- Red Steel 2 was revealed for the Nintendo Wii. Expect it to suck less than its predecessor as a Samurai/Western/FPS with (hopefully) one-to-one motion controls.
- RUSE, a strategy title, was teased with a trailer.
- Casual titles, casual titles, casual titles. Oh, and a new Rabbids game. *yawn*
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mania! Expect to see Turtles in Time released on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network soon, and fighting game Smash Up released on the Nintendo Wii in September.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 was again teased and a release date of November 17 was announced for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
Now, from Electronic Arts (EA):
- Trailer time! The Sims 3 and Dante’s Inferno trailers were used to kick off EA’s keynote.
- EA can do casual games too! Little Pet Shop Online looks to be…riveting. Watch for it in the Fall.
- Need for Speed: Shift looks like it actually might reinvigorate the failing franchise. The key idea to the game? Levelling up via your personal driving profile. Shall we go as far to say it’s a driving RPG? Probably not. Look for it in Fall 2009 on Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, PC, and the iPhone.
- Sex, blood, and violence = Dragon Age Origins. Available for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 on October 20, the trailer showed off a decent-looking action game.
- Mass Effect 2 will be released in early 2010 for PC and Xbox 360; a Nine Inch Nails soundtrack in the trailer makes it seem kick-ass.
- Fight Night Round 4 was revealed to release a week early – look for it June 25 and go and play the demo right now on Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network!
- EA Sports Active is a direct competitor to Wii Fit on the same console and is heavily endorsed by “The Biggest Loser USA” host Allison Sweeney. Look for it to be released by Christmas time.
- The Saboteur, an open-world stealth game (competing against Assassin’s Creed, anyone?) is set in Paris and looks fairly decent. No word on a release date, but it will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
- The Jack Black vehicle Brutal Legend was shown off…again. I want this game NOW! Especially now since Ozzy Ozbourne has been confirmed as an in-game voice talent in this multi-console release!
- PC fans can get their Star Wars MMO geek on (Dion?) with Star Wars: The Old Republic. The game looks pretty and maaaaaay be released on Xbox 360 and PS3 in the future. Here’s hoping!
That’s it for this wrap-up! Keep checking back for more big scoops!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.